Sea Grape… complete

I finally finished the Sea Grape. I incorporate a lot of techniques, both traditional and experimental.  I painted the seeds on a  sheer silk overlay which was first dyed.  The stem was hand embroidered directly onto the silk.   Underneath I printed the actual sea grape leaves, drew the tree,then  added hand and machine embroidery (the foliage on the tree is all machine stitching). Using silk is new to me…. I’ve learned a lot through doing this piece.    Although labor-intensive, I really enjoyed creating this.  Now I’m ready to move on to something new.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: